George Washington Shelton was born June 16, 1869 in Dayton, Tennessee to George W Shelton SR. and Sara F. Rice. He was married to Minnie Myrtle Conley and they had six children Hester, Bessie, Pearl, Eva, Ernest, & Arthur Shelton . They moved from Dayton, Tennessee around 1905 to Greenville, Texas and in 1919 they moved to Ranger, Texas. George died January 30,1950 and Minnie died April 19, 1952. They are both buried in Evergreen Cemetery in Ranger, Texas
1. Hester Elizabeth Shelton Wineinger- Born November 4, 1898 in Dayton, Tennessee She was married to Huey Wineinger August 4, 1918 and they had seven children Dewey, Ernest, Leon, Art, LaVerne ( Lopez), Valton, and Joan (Combs). Hester died from heart failure on January 7, 1989 and is buried with her husband at Forest Park Cemetery Greenville, Texas.
2. Bessie Ellen Shelton Roberson- Born February 28, 1901 in Dayton, Tennessee . She was married to Elihu Roberson and they live in Ranger . They had no children . Bessie died April 24, 1967 and is buried in at Evergreen Cemetery in Ranger, Texas
3. Pearl Willie Shelton- Born August 7, 1903 in Dayton Tennessee . She was never married but was engaged to a man name Jiggs but he died in a automobile accident.. She owned Jiggs Cafe in Ranger till 1952 , she moved to Greenville and worked at West end Cafe till she retired. Pearl died from a stroke on April 21, 1986 and is buried at Evergreen Cemetery in Ranger, Texas.
4. Eva Idia Shelton Hunter Born November 4, 1905 in Greenville, Texas. She was married to Aubrey Hunter in Oklahoma in 1931. She never had any children and lived in Greenville till her death August 16, 1997 . Eva and Audrey are buried in Nocona, Texas.
5. Ernest Franklin Shelton- Born December 5, 1907 in Greenville, Texas. He married Jamie Irene Crossley. They had four children Sheila Shelton Ramsey, Sherry Shelton Stanfield, Shelline Shelton, and George Shelton Jamie died in 1977 with Huntington Disease. Ernest remarried May 10 1979 to Pearl Annette Buschemon in Odessa. Ernest owner of Shelton Music Company in Odessa, Texas. Ernest died July 15, 2002 and is dured at Evergreen Cemetery in Ranger, Texas.
6. Arthur Loyd Shelton - Born May 25, 1916 in Greenville, Texas. He went into the U.S. Army March 18, 1942 and served during WWII. He married Ella Joyce Norton September 5, 1941 in Ranger Texas. They had two children Arthur Don Shelton, and Kathleen Shelton Lackey. Arthur died December 25, 2004 and is buried at Evergreen Cemetery in Ranger, Texas.
GEORGE W. SHELTON & MINNIE MYRTLE CONLEY